Reporting to the CCFOWR Inc. board of directors, the incumbent in this role will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of responsibilities, supporting the practices of the Foundation. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the development and refinement of the organization's strategic plan and execution of the related annual action plan
- Oversight of the day-to-day operation of the organization, including managing the role of the administrative assistant/bookkeeper
- Leading fundraising initiatives
- Supporting and liaising with the board of directors, the Chair and committee chairs as required
- Leading strategic business, government and community relationships, both current and new.
- 5 years of experience in not-for-profit leadership role
- Demonstrated and measurable experience in fundraising
- Established relationship with sector and strategic partners within Waterloo Region, including education and the Catholic Faith communities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with an ability to manage a variety of on-going and new initiatives
- Possess strong financial literacy
- Experience in effectively utilizing various social media platforms
- Understand both the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Affairs and Canada Revenue Services policy and procedures related to charitable foundation status
- Strong technical ability as it relates to Office 365 and QuickBooks software
- Capacity builder within the organization
- Consensus builder
- Can identify emerging trends, opportunities and issues for the board and develop related solutions
Note: Visit the CCFOWR website for more information on the organization.
Salary Range: This is a part-fime independent contract role of approximately 20 hours/week, which will be paid at the sector average range. The initial contract is 2 years, plus a 1 year option to renew, based on mutual agreement. The successful candidate will begin work in the spring of 2023.
Interested applicants are asked to please forward a covering letter, complete resume and 3 professional references with contact information, including your most recent supervisor, to the email address below by March 24, 2023.
Roger Lawler, CCFOWR Chair - email: email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
“Applications are being accepted for the position of President/Executive Director of the Catholic Community Foundation of Waterloo Region. This outstanding organization is seeking an individual who has the vision, determination, experience and skills to evolve its mission and positive direction, supporting the schools, families, parishes and partners in Waterloo Region.”